Another great year at DFW Surf. Good times at the lake, fun memories and friendships that last a lifetime. 2014, in our seventh season, DFW Surf has continued to introduce new people to the watersports that we love and a lakeside lifestyle that lasts into the winter. So many great memories this year it was hard to narrow it down to just 6 photos. 2014 was the year of Team DFW. We our proud of our athletes like Ashley Kidd who won this year’s World Wake Surfing Championship, Parker Payne taking second at National’s in Georgia and Nate Richard and Tyler Marshall who took first in class for WPA Region 12.
So, here it is. A look at some of this years best pictures:
1. Sunset Surf with Parker Payne. It was the perfect evening at DFW Surf @ Lake Lewisville and a sunset surf session with the Payne’s. Mark Payne, Parker’s Dad, captured a great shot of Parker surfing into the sunset and boosting big on his pro model Day 1 Wake Payne Killer wake surfboard.
2. A great picture of the fun and exciting SUP action at this year’s SUP Cross Championship at the fifth annual DFW Surf Open and Grape Paddle. And here is one of our newest club members, one of the top amateur figure skaters and up and comer SUP racer, Ms. Kirsten Knowell. If you have not tried SUP Cross then just imagine a tight little race course with multiple turns, bumping, splashing and falling in. Special thanks to Bounce SUP who sponsored the event and everyone had the same advantage. Bounce fell in love with this picture and this will be the featured picture at the upcoming Winter 2015 Surf Expo.
3. As always the annual Big Boat Invitational is one of the highlight events of the year for wake surfers. An opportunity to surf behind one of the biggest man made waves thanks to Captain Michael Wilson’s power yachts and Texas Powerboating. In this picture Todd Johnson is stoked with his hands up on top of the boat to witness four surfers: (in front) Dominic Lagace, Ashley Kidd, Parker Payne and Tyler Marshall quad surfing the lengthy yacht wave.
4. Check out DFW Surf’s Danny Braught in the Centurion Boats spread in the December Lights Issue of Boarders Magazine. Danny looks priceless here with his red curly hair in a photoshoot on Lake Lewisville on the new Centurion FS models. Special thanks to our big sponsors for the year including Freedom Powersports and Centurion Boats. Have you ever wake surfed behind one of these? There is a reason why it is the official towboat of the World Wake Surfing Championship. Get on board for 2015 and see what you’ve been missing.
5. What a great event at this years Little Elm paddle board WPA race on Lake Lewisville and DFW Surf founder Tyler Marshall taking second in class and making it to the finals here of the sprint races. Think you can paddle fast? Think again. Try racing against some of these guys like Infinity racer’s Sean P (center right). This really marked the first year of international competition within the Texas SUP racing scene and it was a significant moment for the short lived sport and international sup racers who are making their travel plans to Texas in 2015.
6. DFW Surf Club member Konae Knowell with Olympic athlete and QuickBlade Paddles founder Jim Terrell. It is exciting to see the influence we have had upon some of our customers at DFW Surf including second year club member, Konae Knowell, who has grown to become one of the top SUP racer athletes in Region 12. Konae is so into the sport that she contacted Jim here and set up a private lesson with the mad scientist. Read the full story at boardersmag.com.
7. The Dallas Stars girls rocking Bounce Boards at the fifth annual DFW Surf Open and Grape Paddle (headlining picture at top of page). It was great to have Dallas Stars Ice Girls come out to DFW Surf @ Lake Grapevine and try paddleboarding and paddle board, or SUP Yoga, for the first time. For 2015 we will look to book other local professional organizations for team building and corporate events like this one. Special thanks to Jen Bodnar and Magen Berry for their help here with SUP Yoga for this team building exercise.
Besides the top 7, here are 3 more of our favorite pics from our instagram page. Follow us on instagram- @dfwsurf:
1. Oscar Aguillar wake surfing with his daughter on Lake Grapevine. Classic hang loose shot. Thanks again to Oscar for his support; he has three kids and is getting all of them involved in wake surfing at an early age.
2. Summer Kids Surf Camps! This year kids had a great time surfing with “Lewi” the surf dog. They learned how to wake surf, paddle board, flowboard and bodyboard. Stay tuned for our 2015 summer surf camps, dates TBA March 2015, more info on our kids camps page
3. DFW Surf Kick Ball team representing their hometown local surf company in the City of Grapevine quarterly kickball league at Dove Field. All though we did not take the victory this year, we had a lot of fun kicking some grass.
Great year, thanks again to all of our fans. See you on the water in 2015! Take a look at the rest of the 2014: Best of Pictures on our DFW SURF facebook page. Get on Board!